[Raspbian-devel] [raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel] shutdown requested - reboot executed (1.20140107-1~nokernel1)

Alex Owen r.alex.owen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 18:04:54 UTC 2014

This is just a hunch... but here goes:

Has the RPi ever really been able to power-off?
I thought that it was either running or halted and never had the
option of powering off!

If that is the case then the 3 virtual states:

Power Down
Halt
Reboot

map to only 2 actions:

Halt
Reboot

Presumably the mapping was:

Power Down -> Halt
Halt -> Halt
Reboot ->Reboot

and some package upgrade as remapped to:

Power Down -> Reboot
Halt -> Halt
Reboot -> Reboot

Check out the contents of:
 /etc/default/halt

My guess is that yours says
 HALT=poweroff
which on an rpi probably just reboots

If you change to: "HALT=halt" you will probably restore your previous behaviour.

Hope that helps
Alex Owen

Private web search without a filter bubble: https://duckduckgo.com/