[Raspbian-devel] Default Raspbian install

Subba Rao kvirt at tanucoo.com
Sun Dec 28 17:15:35 UTC 2014

On 12/28/14 1:11 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 28 dec 14, 09:04:49, Subba Rao wrote:
>> I did that and everything that I could find on the Internet.  I have
>> even tried other distros rbmc/volumio and others.  Speakers work great
>> and other RPI's some tests work.  No of the Sound packages (ALSA and
>> others) are integrated.  Each Application gives me a different set of
>> errors.  After 3 days of trying, I am tired.
> You didn't answer my question.
>
>>> What is the output of the following command?
>>>
>>>     amixer cget numid=3

Once again a brand new Raspbian install.

$ uname -a
Linux rasper 3.12.35+ #730 PREEMPT Fri Dec 19 18:31:24 GMT 2014 armv6l
GNU/Linux

Here is the output of amixer for 1, 2 and 3.  It is followed by the
output of mpg123 trying to play an mp3 file.  I had to send a kill
command to stop mpg123.

======================================
pi at rasper ~ $ amixer cget numid=1
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Volume'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw---R--,values=1,min=-10239,max=400,step=0
  : values=-1725
  | dBscale-min=-102.39dB,step=0.01dB,mute=1
pi at rasper ~ $ amixer cget numid=2
numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Switch'
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
  : values=on
pi at rasper ~ $ amixer cget numid=3
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Route'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw------,values=1,min=0,max=2,step=0
  : values=0

$ mpg123 myfav1.mp3
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jackdmp 1.9.9
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2012 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
Cannot lock down 82278944 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
control device hw:0
control open "hw:0" (No such file or directory)
control device hw:0
control open "hw:0" (No such file or directory)
Failed to connect to session bus for device reservation Unable to
autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11

Failed to acquire device name : Audio-1 error : Invalid argument
Audio device hw:0 cannot be acquired...
Cannot initialize driver
JackServer::Open failed with -1
Failed to open server
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
[jack.c:252] error: Failed to open jack client: 0x11
[jack.c:58] warning: FIXME: One needs to wait or write some silence here
to prevent the last bits of audio to vanish out of the ringbuffer.
[module.c:142] error: Failed to open module portaudio: file not found
[pulse.c:84] error: Failed to open pulse audio output: Connection refused
[nas.c:220] error: could not open default NAS server
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function
snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
AL lib: alsa_open_playback: Could not open playback device 'default': No
such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function
snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
AL lib: alsa_open_playback: Could not open playback device 'default': No
such file or directory
High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layers 1, 2 and 3
    version 1.14.4; written and copyright by Michael Hipp and others
    free software (LGPL/GPL) without any warranty but with best wishes

Playing MPEG stream 1 of 1: myfav1.mp3 ...

MPEG 2.5 layer III, 8 kbit/s, 8000 Hz mono

^C

^C
Illegal instruction