[Raspbian-devel] Query on behaviour of open-streams upon process-termination

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:20:22 UTC 2016

Hi All.

I have been doing some testing on the Raspbian on Pi-2, and I spuriously
run into some vague issues.

Firstly, I admit that I do call "exit()" at some points of my program,
without closing the open file-streams (instead relying on the OS to do it).

In this pursuit, I was investigating, and
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7281255/why-is-data-not-being-flushed-to-file-on-process-exit
suggests that closing-of-open-file-streams-upon-process-exit is
OS-dependent.

So, will be grateful if someone could enlighten me in this context as far
as Raspbian is concerned?

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay