[sane-devel] Relocation error

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Dec 21 11:55:34 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 11:12:19AM +0000, Alexander Hunziker wrote:
> In the config file for the plustek backend, I put the line
> device libusb:004:002

I think that's not necessary. The next time you boot or replug your
USB devices, the libusb numbers will be different. The autodetection
should just work.

> Now, if I call scanimage -L, all it gives is
> scanimage: relocation error: /usr/lib/sane/libsane-brother.so.1:
> undefined symbol: sanei_usb_init

The brother backend is not part of SANE. So you are not using
sane-backends from our distribution. Kick your distributor instead :-)

> If, however, I execute scanimage -d plustek:libusb:004:002 > testimage,
> it works fine.
>
> Does anybody know what to do about that?

For me it looks like the brother backend wasn't linked to libusb.

Disable it by commenting out "brother" in dll.conf.