[sane-devel] HP 7450C PowerSave and buttons

Rene Rebe rene@exactcode.de
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:18:38 +0100

Hi,

Brad Corrion wrote:

> Recently got my hands on a HP 7450C and have been anxiously installing
> and testing sane.  For the most part, everything is doing fine.  Two
> issues, however:
> 1) Can't get the front panel buttons to register.  Tested with
> sanebuttons.d from
> http://svn.exactcode.de/*sane*-*avision*/trunk/sanebuttonsd/ but no
> joy-- the program never recognizes the button presses (using avision
> backend from the same website as well).

It did work here the last time I tested it. I schedule to retest with
the 7450 again in the next days.

Could you provide the log obtained when SANE_DEBUG_AVISION is set to 7
when you run the test program?

> 2)  I get the 90 s timeout when trying to scan from warm-up mode.  Once
> I see one of these:

The 7450 is a bit touchy when it returns from power safe mode. A friend
I lent my HP 7450 to also reported this. I try to take a look if I can
work around s.th. in that area, soon.

Until I have some free minutes (end of next week?) I can only advice to
save a bit more power and pull the plug when you do not use the scanner
- to work around the firmware wakeup bug ...

> usb 2-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed ep 0x83 len 4096 ret -84
>
> in dmesg, then I know I have to power cycle the scanner.
>
> Any ideas what's going on?

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.exactcode.de/t2