[sane-devel] Saned

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:02:28 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 06:36:57PM +0100, Andi McLean wrote:
> There is no sane_read() in the network protocol. When you send sane_start()
> a port number is returned. You read data from this port, (The data is in the
> same format as sane_read) . The original port you sent the request is blocked
> until all image data has been read.

Maybe I still miss something but doesn't the protocol I sent in the
other mail show that there is no blocking? The whole idea of using two
ports is that you can still send RPC during the read. See "do_scan"
function in saned.c. I haven't checked the details, maybe there is a
timing issue that involves blocking in your case?

In this case the test with "scanimage -d net:localhost:test -t"
shouldn't work as scanimage does sane_get_parameters before sane_read.