[sane-devel] [Announce] JSane

Jens Gulden mail at jensgulden.de
Sun Dec 3 23:51:54 CET 2006

Hello Andi,

nice work. Just to mention: when I run ScanPage (with the server-name and options adopted to my
setup), there seems to be a problem with device.close(). The first time, the image gets scanned
correctly and is shown in the JFrame which pops up, but a second run fails with:

Scanning a page
uk.org.jsane.JSane_Exceptions.JSane_Exception_Invalid: Invalid operation
         at uk.org.jsane.JSane_Exceptions.JSane_Exception.getException(JSane_Exception.java:53)
         at uk.org.jsane.JSane_Net.JSane_Net_Device._open(JSane_Net_Device.java:235)
         at uk.org.jsane.JSane_Net.JSane_Net_Device.open(JSane_Net_Device.java:88)
         at uk.org.jsane.JSane_Frontends.ScanPage.<init>(ScanPage.java:66)
         at uk.org.jsane.JSane_Frontends.ScanPage.main(ScanPage.java:119)

Also, scanimage says:

scanimage: open of device net:10.0.0.100:brother:bus1;dev1 failed: Invalid argument

This can only be fixed by disconnecting the scanner's USB cable and reconnect it again.

The device is a Brother MFC3420C with the driver delivered by Brother, brscan-0.2.1-0.i386.deb. The
server runs on Debian packages libsane 1.0.16-4, sane 1.0.14-1 and sane-utils 1.0.16-4.

Btw, closing the JFrame after the first run does not terminate the application, I have to manually
kill it. Don't know if that's the normal behaviour.

This is not a problem for me because I don't practically use JSane, but I thought you'd like to know.

best
Jens