[sane-devel] Debug output from Lexmark X1270 scanner

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Thu Jul 27 05:24:52 UTC 2006

Le mardi 25 juillet 2006 01:00, Fred Odendaal a écrit :
> The X1270 is not supported by the X1100 backend. You are somewhat
> correct in your assumption of what is happening. The scanner is trying
> to find the home position by scanning in the reverse direction - looking
> for a set pattern off the glass. If it can't find it, it will make a
> loud noise as the scan head bangs against the end. This is bad for your
> scanner, so I'd advise against continuing to try it.
>
> regards,
> Fred Odendaal

	Hello Fred,

	by the way, what are your plans regarding the experimental version of the
lexmark backend ? It has the inital groundwork needed for multi-models
support. Also it has some improvements such as calibration and arbitrary scan
size area.

	As far I understood, the blocking point you got was calibration tuning for
your model. Did you have some time to give a look ?

Regards,
	Stef