[sane-devel] Helping with the developement of a driver for the benq 5560 flatbed scanner

matei kolt dur_matei at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 21:00:05 UTC 2007

Hi, I am using Linux since summer and I can already
say I am comfortable with it but unluckly my new benq
5560 scanner won't work with sane :(
I tried sniffing some data it sends in windows but the
file seams to get extremely large. This is dumped when
opening mirascan and scanning for the preview and then
scanning at 600 DPI BW.

I would like to help in developing a driver, since
changing this scanner with an older one that already
works with sane would probably help me, but not the
community.
here's the output:
http://www.matei.upcnet.ro/scanner
Since files are getting large I would gladly use some
webspace if anyone could help. thanks!