[sane-devel] genesys backend update

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Sun Feb 8 19:30:20 UTC 2009

Hello,

stef schrieb:
> 	the genesys backend as been updated. Thanks to an hardware donation of Jack
> McGill, there is now support for the sheet-fed Visioneer Strobe XP200. It can
> scan at 75, 100, 200, 300 and 600 dpi in color or gray and at 8 or 16 bits.
> Scans are uncalibrated, ie there is no shading nor gain calibration. The next
> step is to add calibration which use an external sheet with printed patterns.

update time again, this time it is the sheet-fed Visioneer Strobe XP300,
thanks to a hardware donation of Jack McGill. What stef said pretty much
applies to the XP300, too, but the XP300 is a duplex scanner, so there
are additional caveats. Front- and back side are currently output
side-by-side, with the back side mirrored horizontally, shifted
downwards relative to the front side. Currently, the scanner essentially
behaves like having a double-width sensor.

Regards,
  Pierre

PS1: don't try to test this on current cvs -- at least for me, it
creates libsane-*.so.0.1.0, instead of libsane-*.so.1.1.0.
PS2: Sorry Jack, but the XP300 was far more interesting than the
Roadwarrior ;-) -- i am working on it.