[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MX300 - it may or may not be supported by SANE?

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Wed Feb 11 16:59:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Adam PAPAI <wooh at wooh.hu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried to install the sane-backed from the CVS repo. I followed
> these instructions:
>
> http://mp610.blogspot.com/2008/04/give-your-scanner-new-freshly-sane.html
>
> Everything went fine, except when I run sane-find-scanner and scanimage
> -L I got these outputs:

To be safe, can you do "ldd /path/to/your/new/scanimage" and make sure that
its linked to your new libsane.so that you built and not old one /usr/lib or
similar?

There is a bug in version # reported in current CVS that should be fixed
soon.  Small chance your new scanimage is still using old libsane.

CVS should be fixed within the next day.

Chris