[sane-devel] Unsupported device: Canon MF4018

Steve Hardy steve at appliedrealtime.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 18:07:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have similar problems to this with the pixma backend and a Canon MF4660 -
only my MFP *always* returns the -ETIMEOUT response after moving the scan
head to the end of the panel in preparation for the scan.

It looks like the backend is sending something to the scanner which puts it
into a weird state, as I have to power-cycle to make it work again
(unplugging is not enough, if I run scanimage -T, then plug into a Windows
box it stil wont work)

I have not had sufficient time available to properly investigate what's
happening, but it does look like a similar problem so thought it may be
worth mentioning.

I will try diffing the scan snoop from windows with what's happening under
Linux later, but I've not yet found a quick/easy way to do this.

Steve

The only problem is that sometimes scanner gets hang and 'scanimage -T'