[sane-devel] AV122 vertical strips...can you assist?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 01:40:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Michael Ole Olsen<gnu at gmx.net> wrote:
> That is weird, I have a canon LIDE scanner that makes vertical stripes too
>
> but not in windows, so I dont think its the CCD here?
>
> anyone know what might be causing it then or does the windows driver
> compensate for this somehow?
>
> it happens most with reflective surfaces it will not scan them at all.

All scanners require some sort of calibration to correct the
variations in the optics, lamps and sensors. Smart machines will do
this automatically, 'normal' machines require some software help,
stupid machines require alot of software help. In general, the
complexity of the driver is inversely proportional to the cost of
scanner, and quite difficult without proper documentation.

You might try to upgrade to our development (git) release, and see if
calibration has been improved lately. If not, you should start a new
thread, and ask for help.

allan