[sane-devel] scanadf for opensuse 11.3

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Aug 31 08:36:26 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Aug 29 14:01 gobo wrote (shortened):
> recently upgraded from opensuse 11.1 to 11.3.  i have a number of
> scripts written that use scanadf.  that tool and sane-frontends do not
> exist as packages for suse 11.3.  has something replaced scanadf that
> obsoletes it?

sane-frontends is no longer maintained by the SANE project, see the
"Future of sane-frontends" thread on sane-devel, in particular
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2010-May/026796.html

Nevertheless we (i.e. openSUSE/Novell) still provide a non-official
sane-frontends package in our "openSUSE:11.3:Contrib" repository.

A quick smoke test on my openSUSE 11.3 x86_64 system using "xscanimage"
works for me but I didn't try out any other program (like "scanadf")
but perhaps it still works for you.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex