[sane-devel] New scanner Canon MF4770N Multi function

littlesincanada littlesincanada at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 17 06:11:00 UTC 2013

Hi,
I got one of these (Canon MF4770N) and managed to get it to pretty much
work with the MF4410 driver.
I rebuilt the pixma backend and substituted the 4770N pid (04A9-2774)
and I can get scanning *mostly* working.

1) Preview/scan in 75/150/300/600 dpi works fine in both colour and b/w.
I do rarely get an error on the printer and I have to switch it on and
off again. This might be a timing issue I guess.
Cancelling scans works OK.

2) xsane will not print using the ADF. xsane generates an error and
reckons that there is nothing in the ADF.

So, looking for a bit of advice. What can I do to track this down? In
particular, I would like to get the ADF working.

Cheers,
Ralph