[sane-devel] SCX-4521F

m.a. m.a. at openmailbox.org
Mon Feb 16 17:58:39 UTC 2015

SCX-4521F

NEED HELP

By february 7th, 14:08 1 have posted this

« Hello I have an MFP SCX-4521F and I can not get the scanner I have the

installation CD LASER MULTIFUNCTION PRINTER
ver.1.12 (JC46-00251A)

Samsung SCX-4x21Series (windows printer / scan
driver Linux printer /

scan driver, Macintosh printer / scan driver,
SmarThru 4 software,

printer settings utility, user's guide). I do
not know how to use this

CD to install what I need. The printer works but
not the scanner. I use

as OS, Linux 14.04
LTS KDE Thanks »

 From the cdrom, i
cannot install with install.sh because i do not have permissions

 From mount, here is
my cdrom :

/dev/sr0 on
/media/lacktchou/SAMSUNG_MFP type iso9660
(ro,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8,mode=0400,dmode=0500,uhelper=udisks2)

Why i am not able
to install with « ./install.sh »?

Sane and CUPS are
installed in my system