[sane-devel] Canon Lide scanners stopped working in Ubuntu 16.04

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Jun 22 07:39:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Jun 21 21:31 Dmitry B wrote (excerpt):
> Canon Lide scanners 110 and 220. They used to
> work in Ubuntu 14.04. In 16.04 they stopped working.
> I see an error message "Device I/O error".

Is the xhci_hcd kernel module (a.k.a. USB 3) used
for the USB port where the scanner is connected to?

See what "lsusb" and "lsusb -t" reports to find out
to what USB bus and port the scanner is connected to and
then to find out what kernel driver (i.e. kernel module)
is used for that USB bus and port.

If "lsusb -t" reports "Driver=xhci_hcd" for the USB bus
and port where the scanner is connected to you are
hit by the current general USB 3 issues in the kernel.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)