[sane-devel] Epson V600 Perfection Scanner

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sun Aug 12 02:49:22 BST 2018

Hi Monosij,

Monosij Dutta-Roy writes:

> Hi Olaf -
>
> Thank you for your email from two weeks ago and very sorry I have not
> replied as I was travelling for work.

No problem.  It's the summer holidays anyways.

> Please note I am just emailing with you directly now so as to be simpler.

Hmm, I prefer you keep mailing to the list.  Others may have the same
problem as you and other knowledgeable people may chime in while I'm
busy with other stuff.

> To respond to your email - scanimage -h or  scanimage --resolution 400 does
> not work anymore. States again: no SANE devices found
>
> So are you saying I need to put the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the .profile as in
> below and sourced it.
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/sane
>
> But scanimage --resolution 400 still says no SANE devices found.

Are you still running scanimage via sudo?  In that case the environment
settings are likely to get cleaned out.  I forgot about that, sorry.

IIRC, on Ubuntu you need to be in the scanner group in order to use it
without sudo.  You can check which groups you are in with, surprise!, the

  groups

command.  If that does not list scanner, you can add yourself to that
group with

  sudo adduser mono scanner

assuming mono is your user name.  After that log out and back in again
to make the change take effect.

> Thank you for your help in trying to finalize this and apologies again for
> the late reply.

Hope this helps, and apologies back for my late reply ;-)