[sane-devel] [janitorial] New backend: escl

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sun Dec 15 08:10:11 GMT 2019

Hi list,

I thought you might like to know that I've merged the escl backend
yesterday.  This backend was written by Touboul Nathane and Thierry
Huchard at Ordissimo.  It is licensed under the terms of the GPL,
either version 3 or, at your option, any later version.

The backend should support many of the large range of devices that
support Apple's AirPrint protocol.  For a long list of potentially
supported devices see

  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

The backend's description file does not list any specific devices yet
but the merge request listed a few devices that are known to work for
some definition of work ;-)

Please note that the escl backend only supports these devices over a
network connection, not via USB or similar connections.

The backend currently only supports image data transfer in JPEG format
but Thierry indicated he wanted to add support for PNG and PDF as well.

For the gory details see merge request 242.

  https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/merge_requests/242

On a related note, there is another merge request for a canon_lide70
backend.  I'll be getting to that shortly, relatively speaking :-)

Hope this helps,