[sane-devel] Missing list subject header

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 22:38:08 BST 2019

Olaf pointed to the
List-*
headers. And rightly so - this is what your mail program / client
should be filtering on. All sane (no pun intended) mailing lists have
been using that for about a decade (or more) now.
BTW, "filtering" in this case means moving mailing list post from your
normal mail "inbox" / incoming mail view to a folder / view dedicated
to a specific mailing list so it doesn't clutter you normal, day to
day important mail view.

Learn how to setup your mail client to do this - there is probably a
youtube video if you are into that way of learning.
Oh, and for those rare individuals who needs a readable / visual
"crutch" in the subject line: please implement it yourself, based on
the relevant List-* header.
</soapbox>
:-)

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 6:02 PM Ralph Little <skelband at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just unsubscribed my yahoo account.
> Gmail seems to be working for me OK so that will be what I use from now on.
> Hopefully, this will improve things.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph

HAND