[sane-devel] Canon Canoscan LiDE 400 support in Slackware

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 10 18:00:49 GMT 2020

My old Epson flatbed scanner died. After looking on the supported devices
page I bought a Canon Canoscan LiDE 400 which is shown as having 'complete'
support. However, the pixma and other scanner module for Slackware don't
support this scanner.

sane-find-scanner identifies it, but scanimage -L fails to find it.

I downloaded the source code for Canon's stand-alone program interface,
butilt and installed it. Because I've used xsane for > 20 years I'd like to
use it with this new scanner, too.

Does the 1.0.28 backends support it? If not I'd appreciate help getting
xsane to regognize and use this device.

Regards,

Rich