[sane-devel] Ability to control scanner imaging head return speed?

Joel Penner joelcpenner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 19:56:55 GMT 2023

Hello,

I was wondering whether it's possible with SANE to control how quickly the
scanner imaging head is returned to the starting position. Maybe it's a
long shot as this is probably controlled through firmware, but just
checking. Ideally I would like the ability to control the retraction speed
of the Canon CanoScan 9000f or 8800f scanners or the Epson V550 scanner. I
am trying to slow this down to make the scanner operation quieter.

Thanks so much!

Joel