[sane-devel] issues connecting to a Cannon imageFORMULA R40

fintan mac cormack fintan_maccormack at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 16:11:22 GMT 2024

Hi all i have an issue trying to connect my Debian system to a Cannon imageFORMULA R40 scanner.

I am using Debian 11 that the following sane-backends

(sane-backends) 1.0.31-debian; backend version 1.0.31
I see that the latest backend 1.2.1 seems to have support for this scanner and i am wondering if it is possible to load the new backend onto a Debian 11 system and if so how would you go about doing that, and also if you think this backend would work with this scanner?
Also when i run the command lsusb i can see the cannon device, it comes up asBus 001 Device 008: ID 1083:1679 Canon Electronics, Inc. CANON   R40
 but when i run scanimage -L nothing is shown.
Any help would be appreciated
regardsfintan