[Showme-devel] ShowMeBox: Timeline and Questions

Bernelle Verster bernelle at indiebio.co.za
Sun Oct 4 07:52:34 UTC 2015

Hi all

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> Quoting Siri Reiter (2015-09-29 12:02:56)
>> On 28-09-2015 14:49, Bernelle Verster wrote:
>>> Does anyone have suggestions on how best to proceed? Do we want
>>> weekly meetings on IRC?
>
> Weekly meetings sounds like a good idea.
>
> I am not good with formal meetings but see their benefit: I will attend
> if others are wiling to organize them.
>
> Who would like to be driver for that?  Anyone feeling like taking charge
> please just decide alone¹ on date and time for first meeting, announce
> it here on the list, and let's see how many of us attends the meeting.

I don't mind being the driver, I don't think we need weekly meetings
just yet. For me to decide on a time, I'd need to know people's
timezones though... So I made a dudle [1] of available times for [a]
generic week - Monday to Sunday.

Please put your timezones, and country you're in, in the comments?

Please note this won't be a meeting, just a general idea of when works
for people. So don't let specific commitments e.g. next week fool you.
These can also of course always be updated.

Please note the times indicated are UTC.

[1] - https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/ShowMeBox/

>>> and/or can we take these questions to the mailing list one bunch at a
>>> time to figure out answers?
>>
>> I think the wiki is a public project notepad. No need to get
>> "approval" before writing stuff here. However, dialog is crucial to
>> project development, and some of the subjects needs to be discussed on
>> the mailing list or in IRC-meetings afterwards - and then adjusted on
>> the wiki.
>>
>> Of course we can also do it the other way around: debate first and
>> write the consensus notes on the wikipage afterwards. Both are good,
>> and I don't see any as better than or standing in the way of the other
>> approach.

I think it depends on the issue at hand, both are good approaches.