[Showme-devel] Fwd: Julia for ARM

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Oct 17 10:14:58 UTC 2015

Quoting Graham Inggs (2015-10-17 11:44:14)
> On 14 October 2015 at 15:02, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>> Looks like only #799036 (against build-dependency openspecfun) is
>> stalling.
>
> This isn't a blocker, I have worked around the issue (and libopenlibm)
> in Julia with:
> Build-Depends: ... libopenlibm-dev [i386 amd64], libopenspecfun-dev
> (>= 0.4~) [i386 amd64],

Ok, but I don't see that change applied at
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-julia/julia.git/tree/debian/control

Are you perhaps talking about an unofficial fork of the julia package?

Where I talk about things stalled is for *Debian* packaging of Julia.

>> If you've done it on an up-to-date pristine Debian Sid system, then
>> it would be good that you file a bugreport against gcc about that!
>
> No, that was done on the LIME with Armbian Debian Jessie (3.4.108
> kernel). But you have given me an idea to build julia on one of the
> armhf porterboxes for both Jessie and Sid.
> I will set up a showme/julia git where we can track that.
>
> I have examinations for the next two weeks, but will get to the above
> and try contacting #emdebian about openspecfun as you suggested.

Sounds good (except the detail of creating a julia fork - please don't).

 - Jonas