[Showme-devel] Catch up: Background research

Siri Reiter siri at jones.dk
Mon Oct 19 10:36:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

A short sprint is probably the simplest and also most fun and
buzz-provoking way to go.

I'm wondering if the competition can take place at DebConf16, maybe
during the last day(s) of DebCamp, where there is less people around
than at the actual conference. The winning team can then stay for the
rest of the conference. On the other hand, I can also imagine that it
might be "too much" at that time. What do you think?

Does "start small, grow from there" mean initially contacting a handfull
of schools, then improving the approach? Otherwise I don't get it.

Teacher involvement is super relevant in my opinion. Teachers are
advocates and drivers of extra curriculum activities, so I see a point
in addressing them (as well as the young).

The now diffuse impression reflects our own current undecided and
half-informed state, and we will hopefully overcome that. The diffuse
nature of the subject of the competition can be turned into a sense of
freedom, similar to for example an art competition.

I simply see no "save Africa" element any more, just a local project,
where local help designing the competition definitely is very relevant,
as well as any information about the "model" competition and Beaker
tutorials (and possibly tutors, too).

Love,
Siri