[Showme-devel] ShowMeBox: Timeline and Questions

Siri Reiter siri at jones.dk
Tue Sep 29 10:02:56 UTC 2015

Hi Bernelle and you all,

Thanks for raising this (and activating me).

On 28-09-2015 14:49, Bernelle Verster wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm getting more geared up towards ShowMeBox. For those who don't know
> me, I am a supernoob on development stuff, so I'm here in my capacity
> to learn, and to contribute on the more organisational,
> communications, marketing side. I am also involved in organising
> DebConf16.
>
> I'd like to start thinking about how we're addressing questions [1]
> and addressing the things on the timeline:
>
> * September: Planning phase: sponsors, contacts, box development,
> software packaging, jury
>
> * October: Development phase: Box ready, software, promotion material,
> website, Q&A
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how best to proceed? Do we want weekly
> meetings on IRC? and/or can we take these questions to the mailing
> list one bunch at a time to figure out answers?
>
> Cheers
>
> [1] - https://wiki.debian.org/ShowMeBox/Questions

I think the wiki is a public project notepad. No need to get "approval"
before writing stuff here. However, dialog is crucial to project
development, and some of the subjects needs to be discussed on the
mailing list or in IRC-meetings afterwards - and then adjusted on the wiki.

Of course we can also do it the other way around: debate first and write
the consensus notes on the wikipage afterwards. Both are good, and I
don't see any as better than or standing in the way of the other approach.

What is probably not so good for fast moving development is just to
write things and just let it sit there, like I did with the timeline
draft. :-) Share and announce and get feedback.

For now ignoring the direct issue of the september/ october phases
above, my answer is yes, I think we should address them one (bunch) at a
time in separate discussion threads.

Regards
Siri

--