[Showme-devel] ShowMeBox poster at DebConf16

Siri Reiter siri at jones.dk
Mon Jun 20 09:07:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 06/13/2016 09:35 PM, Bernelle Verster wrote:
> As Graham said, while all the info about the ShowMeBox is on the
> Debian wiki, it's hard to see what it is exactly that we are doing,
> and why. Would it be possible to design a poster, something simple
> that can be used for multiple things in future, possibly, to display
> at DebConf16?

I would like to do a poster with a "generic" illustration, then text can
be changed for the occasion.

I imagine a small box with a chaos of graphs floating, spewing or
exploding out of it.

I have no experience with graphs like I see here:
https://pub.beakernotebook.com/publications/featured.

I therefore have to use images from the online documentation for Beaker
Notebook. Imagining the licensing will allow us to use them, they would
still be the same graphs that have been circulating for a while, and
anyone interested will find them first thing, when diving in. Thats' not
cool.

Any suggestions to how to get fresh examples?

Since Showmebox is not tied to Beaker Notebook, there might be other
examples accessible out there. Any pointers?

The most convenient format to work with would be svg - vector graphics.

Meanwhile/ worst case I'll use what I can find online, and we'll live
with the downsides. It's going to look great anyway.

Thoughts and help appreciated.

Love, Siri

--
Siri Reiter Grafisk Design