[Showme-devel] Experiments with ShowMeBox images

Kristoffer Rose krisrose at debian.org
Sun Mar 20 00:57:24 UTC 2016

Dear Everyone,

Finally I got well & a US power adapter for the Lime2[1]!

I just updated the box repo today.

I could install the "Manual" install all the way to reboot...but then I get
* a login: prompt where I do not know the root password.
* a blank screen for X (so only VTs work).

If I get the root password for the Manual image then I can investigate the
logs to see why X fails and run the script.sh.

I am now trying the "Non-interactive" as that will presumably allow me
further without a root password :)  so far it actually stopped at one
question: the 'http proxy' value.

Cheers,
  Kris

P.S. Two Sigma is still on board for being a sponsor if we can find the
meaningful local counterparts. Jonas, we should communicate on what you
think the status is of Beaker vs the alternatives! --K