[Soc-coordination] Debian Installer Translation (instance #01)

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo fenio at debian.org
Wed Nov 24 22:26:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 07:24:00AM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:

> > I've just read the news on dobreprogramy.pl about Google Code-in. I'm
> > 16 and I want to join a debian-installer translation Polish team. I'm
> > using Debian for 2 years and I want to help developers of my favourite
> > Linux distro if it is possible.
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Ult1me.
>

> Debian Installer is currently well translated into Polish, so I really
> have nothing to "offer" you on that matter.

Yep. I'm trying to keep it in good shape. At least when we're talking about
level1/main level of installer.

> On the other hand, the Debian Installation Guide, which is also
> maintained by the Debian Installer team, is *not* translated to
> Polish, even partially.

That's huge field of improvements we're currently lack of volunteers.

> This is a quite big task. Quite too big, maybe for Code-in, but at
> least translating one or two PO files could help creating the needed
> momentum....and motivate you to continue involvment with the Polish
> localization team(s).
>
> Are you comfortable with gettext translation files already (PO files)?
> If not, I could give you the needed hints (that's fairly easy).
>
> CC'ing Bartosz Fenski who is the Debian Installer translator. Maybe he
> could help in reviewing (you'll understand I can't review Polish).

Mateusz if you really want to contribute to Debian in the translating area,
then taking translation of manual is something you should really focus on.

Installer itself is translated by me. Of course I'm happy to see patches if
you don't agree with my translation ;)

regards
fEnIo
--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio at debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - malopolskie v. - Poland