[Soc-coordination] Gustavo Alkmim - Reports 8 - Automated Bootstrap Tool

Gustavo Prado Alkmim alkmim at ic.unicamp.br
Sun Aug 11 08:55:48 UTC 2013

############ Week 11 - Report 8

As I described in the last report, in this week finished the first version
of the auxiliar script to automatically add the "Multi-Arch: foreign"
field. The script automatically get the sources, modifies it, build,
generate a patch with the modified control file, upload the new sources and
the new binaries to a repository and update the repository.

The script can be found in [1]. Any suggestion of improvement are welcome.
The currently TODO list of the script is:

    --  Give option to inform list of package of the sources to add m-a:
foreign. Currently the script add the "Multi-Arch: foreign" field to all
packages in the sources that does not have a multi-arch field yet.
    --  Give option to override previous m-a information.
    --  Give option to add (or not)  m-a: foreign for all arch: all
packages.

In the next week I intend to continue the implementation of the automated
bootstrap script. Since all steps that I didn't know how to do was done in
the auxiliar script I hope the development of this script is going to be
faster.

Cheers,

[1]
http://www.lrc.ic.unicamp.br/~alkmim/debian/GSoC2013/scripts/add-ma-foreign.pl