[Soc-coordination] Leiningen & Clojure Packaging week 10

Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza eugeniocanom at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 15:21:06 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

This week I fixed some problems related to my packages from last week.
paultag has been reviewing my packages and I've been solving the
problems we encountered as well as getting new packages ready to be
reviewed this week.

This week
=========
 + Successfully uploaded the following packages:
        * versioneer
        * clojure/core.cache
        * clojure-complete
        * clj-stacktrace
        * com.hypirion.io
 + Contacted author to fix license issue with scout & quoin. Repackaged both.
 + Changed versioning scheme of regex, sjacket, and parsley to be git revs.
 + Fix data-xml to include a copyright comment explaining its situation.
 + Remove git-orig-source target from a few packages and improved the
ones for regex, sjacket, and parsley.
 + Decided what to do regarding the dependencies and testing apt-file
to see if it was feasible to use.
 + Fix build dependencies of almost all packages in order for the
dependencies to be identified later.
 + Packaged jline2.
 + The following is a list of packages that I consider ready to be
uploaded and have been uploaded to mentors:
     * tools.cli
     * data-xml
     * scout
     * quoin
     * stencil
     * jline2
     * parsley
     * sjacket
     * regex
     * pomegranate
  If these packages are uploaded means we would already be covering 15
dependencies of leiningen 2 (5 from last week and 10 from this week).

Next week
========
 + I want to join java-pkg in order to host and maintain jline2 there
+ update libdynapath-clojure to the most recent version (I've already
been looking into this and looks trivial).
 + package indexer-core and indexer-artifact.
 + I still have to improve clojurehelper but I want to finish packaging first.

Difficulties
========
 jline2 turned out to be a pain (from my inexperience with maven and
its helpers) but I managed to make it work as I wanted to. I ran into
a dead end trying to test pomegranate since the number of dependencies
is very very high (indirect most of them).

Cheers,
Eugenio