[Soc-coordination] Status Report of MIPS N32/N64 Port, Week 1

Eleanor Chen chenyueg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 14:13:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

Apologize for sending this report a bit late. This is the second
report of the MIPS N32/N64 Port GSoC project.

This week, I've completed stage1 of cross toolchain, which includes
dpkg, binutils,gcc stage1, linux-libc-dev, and eglibc stage1. All of
them are done on amd64 machine without some patching. Many thanks to
the help from my mentor on writing and improving thoes patches. I'm
attaching patches applied and explainations are as follows.

1. dpkg: reported as #707323, waiting for comment.
2. binutils: reported as #710214, applied.
3. gcc stage1: reported as #708143, still waiting for comment.
4. linux-libc-dev: patch attached, not submitted (yet) and ready for comment.
5. eglibc stage1: patch attached, not submitted (yet) and ready for comment.

With the series of patches, I've succeded building related packages.
The stage1 gcc can build minimal C test program. I'm not completely
sure about whether linux-libc-dev and eglibc patches will continue to
work for stage2 and final ones, but they looks good and should work
with few changes.

For the next week, I'll contine to work on gcc stage2 and eglibc
stage2, if all of them have good progress I might be able to work on
more steps.

--
It is the time you have spent for your rose that makes your rose so important.