[Soc-coordination] Leiningen & Clojure packaging week 13

Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza eugeniocanom at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 21:17:32 UTC 2013

Hello everyone!

This week I tried to apply everything that I've learned the past weeks
with packaging and changed a large portion of clojurehelper to make it
compatible with Leiningen 2 (and works like a charm btw). I also went
to Madrid to meet some DDs to get my key signed. Tomorrow I will send
my declaration of intent so I can start the process of becoming a DM.
I want to thank Joachim Breitner and Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta for
taking the trouble to meet me and sign my key, I really enjoyed the
meeting.

I made a lot of changes to clojurehelper so I'm only posting a short
summary. If you're interested in the details please check this post
[1]
This week:
  +Integrated leiningen 2 with clojurehelper.
  +Major refactoring and heavy renaming.
  +Updated documentation.
  +Created a new script to handle rules (in the same fashion of
maven.rules from maven-debian-helper)
  +Met DDs to sign my key.
  +Changed the debhelper sequence.
  +Make clojurehelper ask the user for versions of libraries it cannot
find but needs.
  +Played with Leiningen 2 to actually figure out how to do all the above.
  +Stuck with TrueZip, waiting for upstream to include license but
nothing after 2 emails.

Next week:
  +Fix the tests since the interface changed from renaming and refactoring.
  +Make lein_makepkg guess versions correctly.
  +Handle test dependencies as such (and ask the user if he wants them)
  +Handle exceptions as some of them are being ignored.
  +Improve logging now that clojurehelper is more interactive.
  +Upload the rest of the packages I have in my computer but haven't
asked to sponsor.

[1]http://eugecm.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/a-summary-of-the-new-clojurehelper/

Eugenio