[Soc-coordination] [Report] Week 4: LilDebi: Integrate Debian with Android

Kumar Sukhani kumarsukhani at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 12:55:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

1) Installing the OS under /data partition:
For this task the patch is almost ready, but for its working we have to
remount /data partition with
'nodev' parameter. This might not work for all the devices. We are planning
to fix the cdebootstrap.

2) Testing lildebi on kitkat emulator:
There was some issue with 64-bit Android SDK on Ubuntu, The emulator was
not starting. Latter
I figured out that 32-bit SDK is working fine on Ubuntu. Because of some
security change in the
kitkat, I am not able to root it. But with the same method I am able to
root ICS and Gingerbread.

3) adding support for yaffs2 file system:
When mounting  the loop device using yaffs2 file system in Android, the
mount is giving 'Invalid
argument' error.

--
Kumar Sukhani