[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Elektra Configuration Merge - Week 5

Ian Donnelly ian.s.donnelly at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 22:39:40 UTC 2014

I will have a blog post up over the next few days going into much more
detail, once that's posted I will link it here.

A brief overview of my week however:

I have spent a lot of the week working with another member of the team on
fixing some errors in the Debian package for the 0.8.6 release of Elektra.
One issue we finally cleared up was a a test failing for the type plugin of
Elektra. As it turned out, a comma was getting added to numbers in a string
because of the locale setting, so no numbers over 999 could be stored
properly in a key in locales that use a comma in numbers larger than 999
(such as English-US). Since many people working on the project use a German
locale the test would pass fine for them. Felix figured all of this out and
now we have fixed the bug! Other than that we now have a package for the
python bindings for libelektra.

In addition to working on the debian release, I worked with Markus to get a
plan together on how to impliment the conffile merge. We outlined this as a
gist on github and have a clear path on how to reach the project's goal. We
will be continuing the project for the rest of the GSoC term and hopefully
this summer will see the end of having to manually merge conffiles!

Until Next Week,
Ian S. Donnelly