[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] TuxType for Windows (.exe file)

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed May 12 20:08:01 UTC 2010

Hi Ashley,

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Tremblay, Ashley <tremblaa at ces.k12.ct.us>wrote:

>  I have just recommended TuxType for a student as I have used it often in
> the past and it is on my computer.  However, when I tried to download it
> this morning for the student, I was not able to. I understand there is a new
> release (1.8.1).

The 1.8.1 version so far is source-only - I have not yet posted a Windows
build as I only got the remaining build issues resolved a couple of days
ago.  I'm a little puzzled as to how the website mentions
"tuxtype-1.8.1-win32-installer.exe" - there must be a bug in our download
setup.  The file you actually got (tuxtype_w_fonts-1.8.1.tar.gz) is the
source code archive.

Anyway, I do have what I believe to be a releasable windows build for
tuxtype on my computer at home, and I can post it tonight.  I can also just
email it to you if your email service will allow a file attachment that is
around 15 MB.

Thanks for your feedback,

David Bruce