[3dprinter-general] Packaging style

Andrea Colangelo warp10 at debian.org
Thu Jan 23 01:13:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:30:24AM +0100, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> 1. Use debhelper.

Very, very, very +1

> 2. Use dh in debian/rules, to keep it short and clean.

Very, very +1

> 3. debian/rules clean should remove or restore *ALL* files that were
[cut]

+1

> 4. *Everything* should be built from source.

+1

> If you have comments, or other suggestions to make sure our packages are
> uniform, please reply.

I'd like to add:

5- keep things clean and well done: absolutely no lintian errors; no
lintian warnings where reasonably possible.

6- let's give some extra care to watch files, they are crucial to keep
in sync with upstream

7- enforce using DEP-5 for copyright files (not sure if lintian
complains if you don't use it, but still)

8- verbose changelogs wich follow the "where, what, why" rule , I deem it very
important for team-maintained packages.

Ciao,
Andrea.

--