[3dprinter-general] Please be verbose whether you would like to get your Blend promoted by tasksel

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Tue Aug 26 15:50:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

This is a reply just to the 3-D printer list.  I would like to discuss
our answer to this before posting it to everyone.

I think we currently shouldn't put our packages as a tasksel option,
because it would suggest a more complete system than we provide.  On the
other hand, I would like to change that, and I think this can be an
incentive for us to get to that state sooner.

Perhaps we should document on the wiki what are the requirements for
this?  Which packages are required; is any new software needed (a
control center of some sort, to choose which programs to start, for
example)?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Bas