[3dprinter-general] support for electronics

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Tue Sep 16 19:29:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm currently working on replacing the Arduino on my printer with the Nucleo
stm32f411, an ARM-based microcontroller board.  There are some tools required
for building for and uploading to the board, which are available on the
internet but not yet in Debian.  I'm currently packaging them.  (In case you
want to know what they are: stlink from github and stm32cubef4 from st.com, the
manufacturer.)

Should I do this as part of the 3dprinter team?  Or do you think it is out of
our scope?  Personally I think it fits here (similarly to how debian-med
packages everything their packages require, even if medical isn't the main
target), but if the consensus is that it doesn't, then I'll upload them ouside
the team.

Thanks,
Bas