[3dprinter-general] A Sponsor for Printrun

Rock Storm rockstorm at gmx.com
Fri Feb 26 20:23:51 UTC 2016

Dear 3D Printing team,

I am looking for a sponsor to upload the software “printrun” (or
“pronterface”) to the Debian repository. It is a host suite for 3D
printers which is on the list of programs that this teams intends to be
in charge of maintaining.

I am new to maintaining but the application seems fairly simple which,
I believe, makes it a good way to learn packaging and also not
extremely hard to maintain. I am eager to learn and moreover I am
willing to finally be able to contribute and give back to the
community. Therefore every piece of wisdom and advice would be more
than welcome.

I have already packaged printrun trying to adhere to this team's
packaging policy [1]. I have already filled in a most likely too long
and poorly written RFS: Bug #814452 [2].

More information about printrun and its features is expanded in [3],
and the upstream development is done through GitHub [4].

Thank you all,

Regards,
Alvaro

--