[3dprinter-general] 3D printer related MIME types?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Oct 8 19:31:07 UTC 2017

Hi.  I just discovered, thanks to a comment from rockstorm on IRC, that
there seem to be several MIME types used for gcode files (text/x.gcode
vs. text/x-gcode).  If we are to provide a seamless user experience, we
need to agree and standardize on the MIME types used in desktop files
and sharedmimeinfo files.

Is there a list of MIME types we should use for gcode, stl, and other
relevant formats?

See
for an explanation why I believe this is imporant.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen