[3dprinter-general] Cura 3.6.0 release

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 22:35:24 GMT 2018

Hi David

> I needed to install a more recent version of Cura, so packaged up Cura
> 3.6.0 and related packages for my personal use.
>
> I've started cleaning up the packages for a proper release. My hope is
> that they could be reviewed and published or used as a basis for an updated
>  release.

Yeah, the project got pushed back on my side...
Been way too busy with other stuff lately.

> To start I have packaged up libarcus and filed merge requests on Salsa.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/3dprinting-team/libarcus/merge_requests

Looks good to me, and I like that you're making use of gitlab-ci.
This will be really useful to test package builds in a "Debian project"
environment without requiring DD access.

> If this approach is useful I am happy to continue through the other
> packages.

There's two things I'd like to see addressed before this should go into the
release queue:

1. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=905803 and
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=909730 - I don't know how to
fix this and if just depending on python3-dev instead of python3-all-dev is
the right "solution". Ideally, the package should build for all "current"
python3 versions. We could also do nothing and wait the transition from 3.6 ->
3.7 out, but the problem will pop up again during the next transition.

2. I think Cura requires Python 3.5, so you shouldn't depend on Python 3.4.
Also, does the binary-depends "python3 (>= 3.4)" really make sense? The
dependency on python3 is added automatically anyway, and in light of 1., I
don't think we should add any explicit dependency here. Or does this fix 1. in
some way?

Regards,
Greg