[3dprinter-general] Bug#957474: Bug#957474: libsavitar: ftbfs with GCC-10
onitake at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:45:24 BST 2020
> The package fails to build in a test rebuild on at least amd64 with
> gcc-10/g++-10, but succeeds to build with gcc-9/g++-9. The
> severity of this report will be raised before the bullseye release,
> so nothing has to be done for the buster release.
I'm inclined to suggest we drop the symbols files for the Cura-related
lib packages altogether, for the following reasons:
- They've caused us grief on practically every gcc updgrade
- They require finetuning on every architecture separately
- They're hard to sanitize and update automatically
- They provide very little benefit, because there are no known consumers
outside Cura, and we pin the package versions closely together anyway
- We've had at least one incompatible change in libArcus where the
SOVERSION wasn't incremented (courtesy of myself, my bad - but nobody
else bothered either)
I know this is not the "right" way to do it, the benefits of dropping
outweigh the downsides by far.
polyclipping may or may not be a candidate. I think there are other
consumers, so there is a benefit for a symbols file.
More information about the 3dprinter-general