[3dprinter-general] Cura 5.0 promotion to sid/trixie

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 22:41:22 BST 2023

Hi all,

Since bookworm is out and there's nothing blocking a release, I think we
can promote Cura 5.0 out of experimental and back into sid/trixie now.

I've been running it for a while and haven't found any regressions.

Open issues:

The trimesh RFP is still open[1]. I've posted a fix for the 32bit issue,
but it may not be good enough as the numpy developers have pointed
out[2]. However, Cura will work fine without trimesh (albeit with a
perpetual plugin load error on startup), so I don't think that's a
blocker for now. I'll try to write a better fix later on.

Bug https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1023497 was fixed
in 5.0.0-2, but the BTS isn't showing this. Probably because the fix is
only in experimental?

I think it would be good to at least offer Cura 5.0 in Debian, with the
future of 5.1+ uncertain due to upstream's change of build system.

Would you be ok with pushing Cura and companions to sid, @myon?

Regards,
Gregor

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=950920