[Alioth-staff-replacement] Update of the current state

Geoffrey Thomas geofft at ldpreload.com
Thu Aug 10 21:57:33 UTC 2017

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017, Alexander Wirt wrote:

> I'll set myself a deadline on thursday evening to get a
> decision. If you want to help me with that decision, post your thinkings and
> comments to that list or talk to me on #alioth. The decision is not an easy
> one and I want to choose the best thing for debian.

Hi Alex,

Are you looking for volunteers to set up test instances of the various
options? (Or has the final decision been made?) I have some experience
running Phabricator for a medium-sized company, and I'd also be happy to
help with a test instance of GitLab or pagure.

I'm also interested in doing dev work needed to make GitLab usable for
Debian's needs; I'm somewhat partial to it if we can make it work, but I
think the other options are compelling too.

I won't be able to make the sprint in Germany unfortunately but I'll plan
on being around on IRC when it's happening.

--
Geoffrey Thomas
https://ldpreload.com
geofft at ldpreload.com