[Alioth-staff-replacement] Alioth needs your help

Clément Hermann nodens at nodens.org
Fri Aug 18 15:59:43 UTC 2017

On 18/08/2017 17:56, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>>> From what we compared here, we are set on gitlab.
>>> More details on the why and how, and we keep it updated as much as we
>>> can, is on gobby.debian.org, in Sprints/AliothSuccessor2017/Minutes
>> Is there any value having the demo running or should I tear it down?
>
> I don't think there is much value.

One thing that was said during discussion, is that if someone wants to
maintain an alternative as <my-prefered-solution>.debian.net it is
possible, even welcomed, and it's not unheard of in Debian that a .d.net
service would end up being the .org one.

The thing is, it needs to be someone that is willing to actually take
care of the service on the long run.

Cheers,

--
nodens