[Alioth-staff-replacement] gitea.debian.net

Michael Lustfield michael at lustfield.net
Mon Aug 21 04:17:21 UTC 2017

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 17:05:39 +0200
Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl> wrote:

> > > There's a config cheat sheet if anyone wants to suggest I change something:
> > >   https://docs.gitea.io/en-us/config-cheat-sheet/
>
> There are even settings for OpenID.
> (Meaning there is a way for doing user registration elsewhere)

How does integration with Debian's SSO [1] sound? This has been done, btw. The
only issue I'm noticing is that the email address gets set to something
unusable. I've created a feature request [2] to support setting this attribute.

> I didn't found anything that might fix:
> | fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

I'm not seeing any reason that wouldn't work. Please try again and ping me [mt]
on IRC if you're still seeing issues.

> May I help with administrating gitea.debian.org?

To be honest, without config management being used to deploy these systems, I'm
not comfortable with team management just yet.

What I /really/ need help with is the packaging of javascript libraries. The
Gitea ITP [3] has a few blockers and they're all javascript libs. I've
struggled to find the time to dive into them.

> On available git repositories currently in gitea.debian.net.
> Please drop them all. And copy over repositories only upon request.
> That is same policy as salsa.debian.net is doing.
> It is for getting rid of unused git repos. (cruft removal)

My original goal was to prove whether or not gitea could be a suitable
replacement, which includes not falling over with a bunch of repos. I ended up
cloning about 500 repos and was happy to see it make very little impact. I was
also wanting to see how hard it would be to bulk-import them.

I'm looking into alternate hosting and if I move hosting, I'll start with a
fresh deploy done with config management (in a git repo that others can access).

> Please copy git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/arduino.git into gitea.d.n
> Yes I would like have my debian packages on gitea.debian.net
> and arduino is the first one.

Imported.

For anyone interested, the API "docs" are here: https://gitea.debian.net/swagger

An example:
curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  -H 'Authorization: token <application_token>' \
  -X POST \
  -d "{\"clone_addr\": \"${src}\", \"uid\": 3, \"repo_name\": \"${tgt}\"}" \
  https://gitea.debian.net/api/v1/repos/migrate

Where uid:3, in this case, is the uid of the collab-maint org.

[1] https://sso.gitea.com
[2] https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/issues/2347
[3] https://bugs.debian.org/792101
[mt] MTecknology on Freenode and OFTC