[Alioth-staff-replacement] Migrating tracker items

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sat Mar 10 12:02:57 UTC 2018

Hi again,

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> Alexander Wirt writes:
>
>> On Fri, 02 Feb 2018, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>>
>>> What is still on my list of things to migrate is the SANE project's
>>> collection of Tracker items.  There are well over 1600 with more than
>>> 400 still open.  I've tried the CSV export but that includes neither
>>> attachments nor comments.  The export only appears to have the initial
>>> submission and the current state.
>>>
>>> I could script scraping the web pages but it would be a lot easier for
>>> me (and on the server) if I could work from a dump of the project's data
>>> (similar to the mbox file you provide for mailing list migration).  Can
>>> that be arranged?
>>>
>>> Either all of the project's DB data or "just" all of the tracker items
>>> would be fine for me.
>>
>> I have no idea how to extract them. Feel free to read the fusionforge docs to
>> tell me how to do so. But please don't expect that I will have time to find
>> out on my own.
>
> I was afraid you would say that :-|  Guess that, in good Free Software
> tradition, I get to help myself ...
>
> For fusionforge 6.1 I found
>
>   https://fusionforge.org/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/fusionforge/index.php/Forge_command_line/6.1#Tracker
>
> but no such thing for 5.3.2.  Will dig a bit more.

Sorry, Alioth is running 5.2.3.  I've been digging a bit in the upstream
sources for that version and came across tools/export-tracker.tcl.  This
is nowhere to be seen on Alioth.  This script runs under pgtclsh which
seems to have died as of PostgreSQL 8.0 (and Alioth is on 9.1.24).

I've also been grepping for tracker related files provided by the gforge
and fusionforge packages that are installed on Alioth with

  $ dpkg-query -W | awk '/[ng]forge/{ print $1 }' \
  > | xargs dpkg -L | sort -u | grep tracker

and came across /usr/share/gforge/www/export/tracker.php.  That file
(and the accompanying tracker.xsd) looked *very* promising.  I've tried
to get it to produce something useful but only got as far as

  $ curl https://alioth.debian.org/export/tracker.php?group_id=30186\&atid=410369\&offset=0
  <tracker version="1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://alioth.debian.org/export/tracker.xsd">

no matter what offset value I used.  The group_id and atid correspond to
the SANE project and its Feature Requests tracker.  Trying via a browser
while logged into Alioth didn't make any difference.

Poking around in the fusionforge history for this tracker.php file, I
came across a [commit][1] that claimed to make it work again.  I've
attached a minimal diff against the file that is on Alioth and would
very much appreciate it if this could be applied.

 [1]: https://fusionforge.org/scm/browser.php?group_id=6&scm_plugin=scmgit

The original commit also zapped the <resolution> info but as Alioth
seems to be using that I'd prefer to get that if possible.

Once applied, I'll see if I can get it to produce anything useful and
report back here.

Hope this helps,