[Alioth-staff-replacement] alioth deprecation - next steps

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Apr 27 12:01:08 BST 2018

Hi,

On  Do 26 Apr 2018 10:52:41 CEST, Alexander Wirt wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Andrej Shadura wrote:

>> an improved SSO (GSOC Project, see [2]) is ready, new user
>> registrations
>> More details on this will follow in a seperate announcement.
>> exported as tarballs and made available readonly from a new archive
>> host,
>> cron jobs will be turned off, websites still on alioth will be
>> disabled.
>> be archived similar to the ones above.

>> > Nope, we announced that months, if not years ago.
>>
>> That doesn’t seem like a reasonable reply. What was announced is one
>> thing, but the plans have to be adjusted to the reality, which is that
>> you cannot switch off the VCS hosting by the end of May.

> It is. The plans were announced, I blocked the dates (I am even on vacation
> for that) and the system is EOL with end of may. It will go down then.

Migrating Git repos from Alioth to Salsa is doable for most packaging
teams in a day or two (the Javascript team migrated 1024 packages on
one day)...

However, as one of the late bummers, I'd also love to have Vcs
services available with read-only status for some more time. But, alas.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31